Saturday, April 23, 2011

LAUNCH: Intro (1 of 6)



The past few days I've been at LAUNCH music conference in Lancaster, PA. It's been a great few days of showcases and panels. I've learned a lot and have gotten some great contacts from it. Over the next few days I'll be posting notes from the panels that I was at.

As far as my part in the showcasing, I played at Annie Bailey's Irish Pub on Thursday. The food was good, but it had, arguably, the worst acoustics possible for my setup. Between the background noise of a pub and the brick walls/stone building, I was set up for instant feedback from the start. Thankfully Greg from An Early Ending was running sound and we figured it out between the two of us. Maybe it wasn't the best sound, but it was the best that could be done in that environment.

Afterwards I got a card from Lu at iRiseMusic. I talked to him today and he's interested in having me perform on some R&B tracks. It'd definitely be something completely different. It could be fun, but I've got a ton of other stuff going on in life, so we'll see how that ends up working out.

-Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment