Monday, June 6, 2011

Implications of Life's Recent Changes

In a post last week, I shared some of the craziness of life over the past few weeks. The main points are that I graduated, got a full-time job, and moved. Welcome real life.
 
The question that remains is: what does this mean for my music? By no means do I have everything figured out, but I can give you an idea of what I'd like to see.
 
To start, this is the first time in ages that I have had access to all of my guitars. This means thing like experimental 12-string bowing can happen. This also means that I can have guitars readily available in different tunings - more of a convenience thing. With some additional room and time, I'll be fixing my Strat sometime in the near future (it's been down with some wiring issues for maybe 8 months).
 
And with the extra room, I'm hoping to bring my Kora and start playing around with that. And my dad's bass is already there, but it needs a new battery right now...
 
Gigs:
Unfortunately, I don't have many lined up right now. Not knowing what was going down after graduation, I just left the summer empty. Most of the places that I normally play are still within a reasonable distance, but I'll be reassessing that as well as searching for some new places near the Reading area. So far I haven't been able to find anything worthwhile - no open mics or anything...
 
So...
 
If you know of places to play around here, CONTACT ME. If you want me to play a private house concert, CONTACT ME. If you're a musician and need some support for a gig, CONTACT ME. If you have any contacts for gigs or any other ideas, let me know. Serioiusly.
 
I've already gotten some help from a good friend of mine, Joseph Strider, with a supporting gig and I'm trying to pressure my friend Suzi Brown into the same, so there are some great opportunities that may present themselves.
 
Recording:
With the cost of living and my pay, I don't quite have the freedom that I'd like. Hopefully I can save some up to be recording in the fall? Every time I look at my budget it sucks, but I'll make the best of it.
 
Streaming/Video:
It's in the works. I'll be experimenting with using my Boss GT-10 as an interface sometime in the next week or two. Unfortunately, my other interface doesn't work with Windows 7...
 
Blogs:
There may not be as many, but I'll continue to write in my free time (lunch) and hopefully be able to get some good content out of those times.

No comments:

Post a Comment